Tuesday, June 05, 2007

9 ORIGINAL BIC® ORANGE™ PENS FROM JAPAN + FREE STICKER


But they're just...pens...

I really had no idea that there existed a secondary market for such a disposable item. I have a theory about life in general, in that there are two things that you can go your entire life without ever having to buy ballpoint pens and t-shirts. As businesses will be constantly cranking out promotional materials with their branding on them, you can be assured that you will never be in need of a writing implement.

But, just don't tell this guy. (item #170117584295)

While I used to lose these things all the time while I was in school, according to this auction, old Bic Pens with the yellow-orange plastic are fairly rare and collectible items.

Now that I think of it, it's been a while since I've seen yellow-orange stick pens, as it seems more likely that you'll be finding the ones with the cheap clear plastic that cracks and breaks if you're not careful. Or, at least that's what happened to the ones I had when I was younger.

However, don't expect the packaging to look like this...it's a nicely rendered graphic, though.

No comments: