Wednesday, January 24, 2007

NEW CUTE 2 PC LASER KISS ME I'M IRISH ITALIAN CHARM

Just in time for Saint Patrick's Day, we have the perfect gift for the Irish lad or lass in your life: a gift that was originally designed in Italy, more than likely manufactured in China.

From the minor research that I did (I got lazy so I just wiki'ed it), I have learned that the Italian Charm Bracelet (item #260079358792) was supposedly brought from Europe after World War 2 and then started showing up again in the 1990s, where a demand was created and more modern designs were created.

With cultural re-appropriation in an increasingly multicultural society, I suppose this was inevitable, although I would assume that traditional "Irish Gifts" would be more appreciated by someone for whom St. Patrick's Day holds much more significance.

I'm just wondering what happens if the charm bracelet fails to evoke a response (like the eBay auction indicates that this item is "sure to do"). At least it doesn't guarantee it will generate more kisses (the desired response...provided that they are coming from the right people), as it'll likely garner the seller a negative rating if that fails to occur.

No comments: