Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT US" SCRAPBOOK MAILBOX GIFT

Just in time for Valentine's day, we have this cute item, to be used to celebrate the romantic ideals that are propagated by the likes of Hallmark and Hollywood. Oh, I'm sorry, am I bitter?

Jean-Paul Satre once said, "Hell is other people." I don't think he was talking about Valentine's Day, though.

Probably not something you'd necessarily see in a line of neighbourhood mailboxes, this particular eBay item is merely mailbox-shaped, and is a keepsake type item which has itty-scrap book thingies inside. It's cute, and for the right couple this would make a great gift to share.

Valentine's Day is probably the worst time of year for anyone who is single, and not by choice. I'm still thinking of the time when my sister and future husband were just dating several years ago. She's having the whole sappy-dappy, lovey-dovey conversation over the phone while the rest of my family is sitting down for dinner.

"HEY! WE'RE TRYING TO EAT HERE!"

Having kids maintain mailboxes before Valentine's Day is potentially one of the more damaging things that kids can undergo during their formative years and I'm actually sorta glad that the practice has been recognized as such, especially when you're one of those kids that don't get Valentine's cards. But, forcing kids to give to those who are socially maligned sends the wrong message as well.

With this level of bitterness, it's no wonder why I'm single.

No comments: